We are proud to announce our key partners in our project „Conserving Pastures and Halting Climate Change in Mountain Areas of V4 Countries.”
Slovakia – Machaon International
Machaon brings a unique blend of expertise and experience to the table, making them an ideal fit for this initiative. They have an impressive track record in:
- Biodiversity Business & Conservation: Machaon has consistently excelled in these sectors, offering innovative solutions that balance commercial interests with ecological responsibility.
- Ecological Tourism: Their work has successfully promoted tourism models that are both lucrative and eco-friendly.
- Traditional Architecture: Machaon has made contributions towards preserving and promoting traditional building styles that are in harmony with their natural surroundings.
- Linking Nature, Art, and Culture: With initiatives that creatively intertwine ecological and cultural dimensions, Machaon adds a multi-disciplinary angle to the project.
Past and Ongoing Projects
- Restoration of Mountain Meadows in Vernár: This project, already completed, established cooperative management of meadows in Slovakia’s Paradise National Park. Learn more here.
- Creative Mountains: An ongoing venture that is already showing promise, this project operates in the rural mountain areas of Armenia, Georgia, and Slovakia. Find out more here.
In September 2023, Machaon will also collaborate with Anima as co-partners in the Summer School on Mountain Ecosystems to be held in Hungary.
By pooling our expertise and resources, we aim to make a transformative impact on the mountain ecosystems of the V4 countries. With Machaon on board, we are confident that this project will reach new heights in conservation and climate action.
Poland – Pro Carpathia
Pro-Carpathia brings an extensive background in managing cross-border projects and partnerships, which is invaluable to our initiative for several reasons:
- Expertise in Cross-Border Cooperation: Their experience spans multiple countries and programs, such as the Poland-Belarus-Ukraine Cooperation Programme and the Swiss-Polish Cooperation Programme focused on Carpathian Forest Fauna.
- Cultural Preservation: Through projects like „The World of Carpathian Rosettes” and the „Wallachian Culture Trail,” Pro-Carpathia has a strong track record in preserving the unique cultural assets of the Carpathians.
- Ecotourism & Nature Conservation: Pro-Carpathia has also worked with shepherd communities and other local stakeholders in mountain areas to promote ecotourism and conservation.
- Cross-border Cooperation Programme Poland-Belarus-Ukraine
- Refugium of the Carpathian Forest Fauna in Migration Corridors (Swiss-Polish Cooperation Programme)
- Wallachian Culture Trail (Cross-Border Cooperation Programme Interreg)
- The World of Carpathian Rosettes (ENI Cross-Border Cooperation Programme)
They are also behind the Carpathian People’s University, an initiative aimed at fostering regional development and cooperation along the Poland-Slovakia-Ukraine border. Learn more here.
This marks the first formal cooperation between Anima and Pro-Carpathia, and we are optimistic that this collaboration will yield significant benefits for both regional development and environmental conservation.
With Pro-Carpathia as a partner, we are poised to advance our objectives in a more cohesive and impactful manner, benefitting the mountain ecosystems and communities of the V4 countries.
Hungary – Anima
Anima, established in 2003, brings a robust skillset and an extensive history of engagement in diverse areas highly relevant to our project’s goals:
- Cross-Border and Regional Scope: Anima has a strong background in managing cross-border projects, especially in TransDanubian counties.
- Multi-Thematic Expertise: They have been involved in civil society development, capacity building, NGO networking, and international relations, covering areas like cultural heritage, rural and agricultural development, and environmental conservation.
- Proven Track Record: With over 50 successfully implemented projects, Anima has substantial experience in leading complex, multi-stakeholder initiatives.
Noteworthy Completed Projects
- Rural Science-Society-Policy Interfaces; Funded by EU H2020. Learn more
- Social Innovation on the Farm; Funded by EU H2020. Learn more
- LivestockSense; Funded by EU H2020. Learn more
- Social Farm and Community Enterprises in Agriculture and Food Processing; Funded by GINOP. Learn more
- Rural Development Office for Disadvantaged Communities; Funded by TÁMOP. Learn more
- Renewable Energy in Villages; Funded by Interreg IIIA.
Anima has been a key facilitator of a global program on mountain ecosystems. Learn more
Given Anima’s proven track record and relevant expertise, we are highly optimistic about our role in making this project a success. Our skills in capacity building, networking, and rural development align perfectly with our project objectives, making us an ideal partner for our cross-border initiative.